Get Pumped! Get Ready! For the Costume Caper 5K
The Costume Caper 5K and Fun Run is a month away! In order to get you ready for this morning of fun, we have some tips for race prep and race day from two of Board Members and the Chairs of the Event, Karol Boudreaux and Ken Woodrow!
Tips for Getting Ready:
1) If you’re new to running, add distance gradually – build up to that mileage over the next few weeks.
2) Stretch before and after your runs to help avoid injuries.
Tips for Running the Race
1) Try out running in your costume before the race – you don’t want a “wardrobe malfunction” during the race!
2) At the race, start slow and gradually build your pace.
3) New runners, line up at the back of the group to avoid going out too fast with the rabbits.
4) New runners, a run/walk combination can work well; for example, consider walking the turn-around.
5) Be positive – you can do great things when you set your mind to it!
The Costume Caper 5K and Fun Run is October 28th at Bluemont Park! Break out your Halloween costume and your running shoes for a morning of fun and fitness with the Encore family!