What to Expect
For many children, seeing an Encore Stage & Studio performance is their first live theatre experience! We are so pleased to be a special part of your child’s development. Do you know what to expect at a show — and what is expected of you?
The experience of seeing live theatre is unique! Unlike going to the movies or watching TV, the actors onstage can see and hear you just as you can see and hear them. It is an amazing experience for children to see young people close to their own age performing onstage.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when you visit our theatre:
- Please arrive on time so you don’t miss any of the action or disturb other audience members by entering the theatre late. We suggest that you arrive 30 minutes before the start of the play. Remember to use the restroom before entering the theatre.
- Encore offers reserved seating for our performance (unless otherwise noted as general admission). That seat is reserved just for you. An usher will give you a playbill and help you find your seat in the theater.
- Please remember that the seats are for sitting. Do not stand on the seats or kick the seat in front of you.
- Please turn off your cell phone or any devices (like IPads, Nintendo DS etc.) that could make noise or light up during the performance.
- Take a look at your playbill. It has lots of good information about the show. It contains bios of the actors and a list of characters.
- You should not eat, chew gum, or drink any beverages while watching the show. Concessions can be purchased and enjoyed in the lobby before the show and during intermission.
- Please be respectful! This is live theatre and the actor onstage can hear you! Do not talk during the show, but be sure to laugh when you think something is funny and applause is always appreciated!
- Please keep all cameras and video equipment off. Live performances may not be recorded without written permission.
- Enjoy the show!